Allow us to suggest taking an event at TypeEd. Think of it as a typography smorgasbord for the eyes, while learning how to arrange the plates. And before you know it, you’ll be pairing up a couple of delicious typefaces.
What You Need to Know
All attendees are expected to have some basic knowledge about Adobe design software, have college design training or working experience in the graphic design field. Specific prerequisites are specified in class and workshop descriptions. All participants must be 21 years of age or older. Unfortunately, not all venues have wheelchair access or accessibility facilities. If you have specific needs, please call us to make alternate arrangements.
Expect your event to be highly participative.
- Classes: Classes are taught with demonstrations in software and printed examples. Classes typically run about three (3) hours with a short break if there’s time.
- Workshops: Workshops are taught with technique demonstrations and hands-on training. Workshops typically run about eight (8) hours with critiques and an extended break.
- Clinics: Self-help clinics are hands-on training working sessions. The running time varies.
- Special Events: Special events will vary with attendance and format.
Registration & Fees
Advance payment is required for all events. Design students and educators with current University ID or .edu email address can register for discounted tickets if offered. Registration closes 48 hours before the event or when the class reaches maximum capacity. Register on event detail pages found on the schedule page. You will receive a confirmation email at the completion of your online registration with driving and parking directions. If you do not receive a confirmation, please email rachel [at] type-ed.com.
What To Bring
- Classes: We will provide you a Moleskine Cahier Notebook for note-taking, but feel free to bring your own materials. Please, no video recording devices. Laptops are optional. Class content will be demonstrated on Adobe Creative software on a Mac.
- Workshops & Clinics: Bring a fully-charged laptop with the required software installed, and all your working files (if requested) either on the computer or on storage media.
Dress comfortably and casually. Please arrive 10 minutes early to settle in. Light refreshments and beverages are served before we begin. Your attendance constitutes permits us to use interview(s), photos, audio, video recording taken of you at the event for promotional, news, advertising and educational purposes.
Cancellations & Rescheduling Policy
If you can’t make it to your class, workshop or clinic, email us at least 24 hours in advance to move your registration to another class date of your choice. Full refunds will be honored only if a cancellation is requested seven (7) days or more prior to the original scheduled event. No refunds are made for Special Events.
If we need to cancel, change, or postpone an event for any reason, we will try to notify the class via email and mobile phone at least 12 hours prior of a cancellation. We will refund 100% of any prepaid fees or give you an equivalent credit–whichever you prefer. However, we cannot be liable for any costs incurred for travel, hotel or any other consequential damages.