Type 1: The Basics Class
The basics of characters. Historical origins of language and writing. Identifying and classifying typefaces. These are the basic requirements needed to get your bachelor’s in Kick-Ass Typography.
In this class, you’ll earn your degree with measurements, type anatomy, history, and classifications. You might end up a valedictorian in letterspacing. You’ll impress all the ladies with your knowledge of difference between a typeface and a font and tell stories about Herbert Bayer like he was your BFF.
The Basics: Characters & Words is a beginning lecture-demonstration class for the type enthusiast, design dabbler, beginning design student or junior designer who possesses the basic knowledge about graphic design. You’ll learn:
- What is type and where does it come from
- About the types of serifs, stories and other terms
- The importance of horizontal and vertical rhythm
- Absolute and relative measurements, how and when to use each
- Classifications and anatomy
Tuition $195 for a 3-hour session. Registration fee includes refreshments.