Mark My Word Workshop
Wordmarks tell us stories and help audiences prefer brands, obsess and comfort brands. How? Not by slight-of-hand, but rather slight of hand-rendered characters.
In this workshop, you’ll get a sneak peek into how brand marks have shaped our culture, lifestyle and purchase habits through the study of their characters, weight and overall balance.
You’ll learn the tricks of the trade through drawing letterforms, understand what makes a logotype stand the test of time through design applications, and be ready to take your own show on the road.
Students will learn about the aspects of readability, stroke variation and customizing letterforms and working with digital vectors and bézier curves.
Tuition $175 for an 8-hour session. Registration fee includes refreshments and materials. Click the banner image above to view photos of previous sessions.
mark my word
Typography Skill Level: Level 1
Software proficiency: Intermediate
- Have completed Type 1 (or have 2 to 4+ years working experience and/or formal design education)
- 18 years or older
- Please contact us for skill level and eligibility if you are unsure
- Bring a fully-charged laptop that can accept USB drives (MacBooks preferred)
- Come with your preferred input device(s): mouse, trackpad, stylus and pen tablet
- Install a version of Adobe InDesign CS software (free trial can be found on Adobe's Web Site)
- Refreshments will be served