In the intermediate-level day of this two-part workshop, you’ll a step further than the typical calligraphy class by designing and composing a customized calligraphic title for a book cover from pen to completed, digitized artwork.
View details of the first session, Calligraphy Covered Part 1.
Materials and refreshments for this workshop will be provided. Please let us know if you are right or left handed. Feel free to bring any tools and supplies that you may already own to use.
$175 (10% off for educators and students with an .edu email; use code "school")
Aspacia Kusulas is a letterer, letterpress printer and calligrapher specializing in brand identity, packaging & stationery, all with a strong emphasis in typography. She also sells her design work on Minted.
About This Workshop
- Typography Skill Level: Intermediate
- Adobe Illustrator Proficiency: Beginning
- Students will learn how to practice letterforms and then move onto style differentiations
- Registration fee includes refreshments and calligraphy materials
- Have taken Type 1 (or have 1 to 3 years working experience and/or combined formal design education)
- Possess some design and Illustrator software knowledge. Please contact us for education eligibility if you are unsure.
- Bring a fully-charged laptop
- Have a version of Adobe InDesign software installed (A free trial of the Creative Suite can be found on Adobe’s Web Site.)
Cancellations & Rescheduling
If you can’t make it, email us at least 24 hours in advance to move your registration to another class date of your choice. Full refunds will be honored only if a cancellation is requested seven (7) days or more prior to the original scheduled event.