In a world where tracking is vast, spurs are scarce and finials find no end, is a group of letterforms who aren’t expected to survive. Now, this treatment of type is on a mission. All that stands between them is kerning.
Movie title sequences set the tone, atmosphere and characters for the audience, and the treatment of the title can either make or break an opening scene. Learn how to cast type in a treatment in the story that it was meant to tell.
Students will learn about how to tell story with letterforms, and develop evolving, expressive type over storyboard frames.
Tuition $175 for an 8-hour session. Registration fee includes refreshments and materials. Click the banner image above to view photos of previous sessions.
Typography Skill Level: Level 2
Software proficiency: Intermediate
- Have completed Type 2 (or have 4 to 6+ years working experience and/or formal design education)
- Please contact us for skill level and eligibility if you are unsure
- Refreshments will be served
- Bring a fully-charged laptop that can accept USB drives (MacBooks preferred)
- Come with your preferred input device(s): mouse, trackpad, stylus and pen tablet
- Install a version of Adobe Illustrator CS software (free trial can be found on Adobe's Web Site)